Dedicated to Our Community
||What makes Crossroads Market so unique is not only the diverseness of products available, but also the multicultural aspect of the people involved. We are fortunate to be able to support over 30 different nationalities in their efforts to create a better life for themselves and their families. Crossroads Market is an incubator for small business and gives individuals a chance to compete with larger retailers.
Crossroads Market has always been active in the community. We are dedicated to helping and supporting different organizations within the city. Some of our efforts include:
- Hosting a Stampede Breakfast for over 3000 people for the last 18 years
- Hosting Chili Cook-offs in support of the Prostate Cancer Society
- Proud supporter of CIBC’s Run for the Cure
- In 2008 we started a Christmas scholarship where deserving single mothers receive a gift to bring Christmas joy to their family. It started with just one single recipient and in 2010 we were able to hand out 8 scholarships.
- Founded and hosted in conjunction with The Calgary Herald Raise a Reader program and The Servant’s Anonymous Society, a used book sale. Over the last 9 years our joint efforts have raised over $1,500,000 for these charities
- Hosting and promoting charity awareness for Hull Child & Family Services
- We also support many schools & charities within the city by providing a venue for students and non-profit organizations to showcase their ideas and artwork or promote fundraisers through booking our charity table
Crossroads Market has been recognized by Calgarians as the best market in the city. We have been awarded the Consumer’s Choice Award for business excellence for 8 years. Fast Forward Weekly has named us the best flea market and farmer’s market since the year 2000. We are also the recipient of the Calgary Herald’s Readers Choice Award.