Ginniâs Special Caesar Dressing
With her innate flare for flavour and texture, try this recipe from Ginni at the Indian Corner Cafe.
- 3/4 Cup Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 Anchovy Fillets
- 4 Tbsp Fresh Garlic finely grated or minced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (and a generous pinch of English Mustard powder if available / optional)
- 1 Tsp White pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 Cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, using the back of a fork, mash up the Anchovy fillets.
- Combine all the liquid ingredients, including the mustard using a whisk and keep aside.
- Add the parmesan and garlic to the anchovy paste
- Gradually pour the liquid in a thin stream whilst slowly whisking with the other hand.
- Once all combined, taste before adding the white pepper seasoning as needed.
- Keep refrigerated and use within 3 - 4 days. Mix before using the dressing.