- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree or 1 - 15 ounce can (425 grams) pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Make the Pumpkin Filling: In a large bowl lightly whisk the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell and place on a large baking pan to catch any spills. Bake the pie for about 45 to 55 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust has browned (the center will still look wet). (A knife inserted about 1 inch (2.54 cm) from side of pan will come out almost clean.)
Place the baked pie on a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature with maple whipped cream. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Makes one 9 inch (23 cm) pie.