Cinnamon Buns with Cream Cheese Frosting
By Aisling. The best way to start your day. Warm, sweet, and covered in a vanilla cream cheese frosting.
- 1 1/4 oz. pckg. yeast
- 1 c. warm milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 TBS. cinnamon
- 1/3 c. butter
(This is a guideline, I usually like a lot more cinnamon and sugar.)
- 7 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. icing sugar
- 1/2 c. cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Disolve yeast in milk.
- Mix in sugar, butter, salt, eggs, flour.
- Knead dough into a large ball. Cover; let rise 1 hour.
- Roll dough into a wide rectangle. Cover in LOTS of butter. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Roll it up (so it is the long way). Pinch end so filling doesn't come out.
- Cut into 1 inch wide rolls with serrated knife.
- Grease a pan and stick them in, about 3 per row. Let rise for another 30 mins. They should expand and fill the pan.
- Cool Bake until slightly browned and not doughy. In my case it was about 3 mins.
- Cream all ingredients together until fluffy.