Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
By Aisling. This is a very quick and easy casserole that receives nothing less than rave reviews from friends and family.
- 1/2lb grated cheddar cheese
- 2 heads of broccoli (2lbs)
- 1 pkg Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice Mix (the mushroom variety is good too! I've also used the microwaveable instant rice, and apart from a slight texture difference, it worked fine.)
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- Cook rice.
- Five to eight minutes into cooking rice, steam broccoli so that it’s not mushy.
- Mix soup (uncooked) and cheese in bowl.
- Butter casserole dish.
- Put a layer of soup/cheese mix (about half) on bottom of dish.
- Put a layer of broccoli.
- Put a layer of rice.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, for one hour.